Sunday, July 4

HAAPPY FOURTH OF JULY AMERICA!!!


There are very few things in the world that make me happy.
Celebrating America is near the very top of that list.

Patriotism makes me smile.
It should also make YOU smile.
If you are not smiling today,
You must be a Russian Commie. (or french like Marine)

In honor of America, you should head on over to our FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM and check out the photos from the TINY parade our LITTLE town has each year. The parade started at 10 in the morning at the firehouse right down the street. They walk up (or down) Montgomery ave and end up in a park apparently. (at least thats what the locals have been saying.) At this park festivities are had. I am not sure what sort of festivities, because i was still in my pjs snapping photos of the parade. So sadly I did not join the townsfolk.

What is rather funny is that I had completely forgotten that it was going on this morning. Marine had to go into work early at 8. Me in my groggy state, having my coffee and working on music, heard a rumbling of sorts coming from outside.

Mind you, I had my headphones on. So the sounds were all muffled. After my brain kicked in, I remembered that the FOURTH OF JULY PARADE was happening.

The band struck up that classic tune. and made their way past our apartment complex. followed by old classic cars, clowns and various other patriots.

what smiles i saw!!!!!!!

for effect, head on over to youtube.com and listen to :
while looking at the photos from the parade!

I rather like that video because of the conductor and the bitchin' flute and piccolo breakdown.

~Shawn!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment