Wednesday, July 28

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am extremely aggravated.

I am sick of being ripped off!

Companies charge way to much for their services!

COMCAST knows that you want cable tv and internet.
VERIZON knows that you want a cell phone.

They offer so many friggin add on bullshit HD things and music stations that I DON'T NEED!
AND my VERIZON bill changes monthly depending if they wanna jack up my fees or taxes.

FUCK YOU CORPORATE AMERICA!

You are stealing my money because you are a bunch of greedy fucks.

Why don't you offer your services for prices that make some sense!

Not $99 for a year. then $119 for the next year of a two year contract, that you didn't know you were getting. THEN they charge you a fee for canceling after the promo period because you don't wanna pay $129 a month for tv/phone/internet.

These fucking companies have MILLIONS of customers.

Even if they just charged $75 dollars for the # services. TIMES 1 million!

That's 75 million Dollars.

THIS IS AMERICA!

OFFER your fucking services for a reasonable amount.

STOP spending so much money on advertising. ( your stupid names sell them selves)
or you force people into getting your service when you move to an apartment complex that is already hooked up by you company.

So I don't even have a choice to get anything else??????

THANKS for eliminating my ability to make decisions and chose the product that I want!
I thought this was AMERICA! NOT RED RUSSIA! you friggin Commies!

WHAT kind of marketing idiots do you have at your companies?

WHY would you create a price structure that is so confusing?

WHY are you trying to be shady? I am trying to have a business relationship with your company and you treat me like a friggin moron.

COMCAST! when I call you later today. I hope you are ready.
That poor person on the other line is not gonna know how to handle my onslaught of crazy questions fueled by my disdain of the hype machine.

I AM SICK OF BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS by the BIG BLACK DILDO that is the AMERICAN CORPORATE HYPE MACHINE!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I work for Comcast. We will be happy to discuss other pricing options for your Comcast account. Email our team with your info. We are here to help! :)

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete