Sunday, October 31

Competitive Eating - 1 Gallon of Ice Cream




The other day I was enjoying a lovely beverage at Town Hall Coffee.
 I was waiting  for Marine to finish working. 
I am not certain how we got onto the topic, but ice cream was brought up.

Me, being ME, I boasted how I could probably eat a gallon of ice cream in 45 minutes,
For 50 American Dollars.

Honestly, I would probably do such a thing for free.

Then I actually wondered... Hey there are competitive eaters out there...
What is the standard for ice cream eating competitions?

Chocolate or Vanilla? 
Does the competitor have a choice of  flavor?

I began my search.

First, can it be done?
Second, will I get sick?
Third, how long do I have?

1. yes, you can eat a gallon of ice cream.
2. Depending on your tolerance to lactose, you may have to deal with
A. either vomiting or B. extreme diarrhea.
3. The fastest anyone has eaten a gallon of ice cream is 8 minutes. 
It was vanilla.

it was this guy:




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bertoletti

Patrick Bertoletti is a competitive eater.
and a damn good one. Just look at all the records he holds!

I hardly doubt I can eat a gallon vanilla of ice cream in 8 minutes.
But I am still fairly certain I could eat a gallon in at least 45 minutes.

I wonder what the rules for using Imodium AD are?








0 comments:

Post a Comment