Friday, June 24

More Market Madness


Farmer's market produce this week: lettuce, blueberries, scallions, potatoes. Along with a pound of buffalo and a pound of beef. Yep, there are meat guys at the market too!


First up: blueberry pancakes for breakfast. (with the berries I hadn't already munched on...) Blueberry pancakes look like little aliens to me... with lots of big dark eyes. But they're damn tasty! Tasty little alien pancakes. Shawn says they remind him of lotus fruit pods.
I'm sorry if you clicked on that link. Those are just creepy looking. (More aliens maybe?)


Next, we used up the lettuce in a homemade chicken caesar salad last night. We've made our own caesar dressing a few times already, each time using a different recipe. This time it was unimpressive and lacked flavor, so I'm not going to share it with you. Back to the drawing board next time!

This next photo doesn't actually utilize any of my farmer's market buys, but it's still a photo well worth sharing.


S'mores candy bars! Everywhere I look (ok, so maybe just at grocery stores and convenience stores) ingredients for s'mores are perfectly situated next to each other, calling out to you - buy me! make me! enjoy me! - seriously, every. freaking. store. Then yesterday I was reading my various blog feeds and came across this recipe for the simplest bars ever. So all day I had that recipe on my mind, but kept trying to push it back into the depths along with all the other fanciful things my bakerbrain stumbles upon and drools over. Of course we had to go to the grocery store later in the day to pick up a few ingredients for that caesar dressing... and guess what else was there!

Come on. I know you know this one.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? ... S-M-O-R-E-S!

Yes, a whole stand dedicated to the damn things. Right when you walked into the store!
The temptation was too much, and I really don't think I need to tell you what happened next...

Seriously? You're killing me over here.

I bought marshmallows, Hershey's chocolate bars, and honey graham crackers, and I made S'mores Candy.

THE END.


PS. I think I'll be making a potato salad with those potatoes and scallions tonight. Or tomorrow night. Either way, they're going to be made into potato salad. That's all.

1 comment: